The writing has been on the wall for some time in truth, but the ultimate signal that ended Claudio Ranieri's tenure at Internazionale came after their defeat to Juventus at the weekend when Massimo Moratti said "I think he'll be here until the end of the season". 24 hours later, Ranieri was clearing his desk and Inter were ushering in their third manager of the season.
Here are ten things worth more than Moratti's backing:
10. Monty Panesar's batting average.
9. A contract to manage first-team affairs at Palermo longer than six months.
8. A timeshare in the Algarve.
7. Millionaires running a penniless country telling poor people that "we're all in this together".
6. A ministerial resignation in order to 'clear my name'.
5. An internal investigation by News International.
4. A penalty shout by an away team at the Stretford End.
3. An invoice for services rendered from noted trustworthy government outsourcers A4E.
2. A LibDem election pledge.
1. Roman Abramovich's backing.