Headlines

  • Wednesday 16 May 2012

    Awwwwww, poppet. Unbelievable Jeff #24

    This has been everywhere so you've probably already seen it. Also, it's a rare example of the KNVB and their broadcast partners leaving a clip online for long enough for people to watch and share.

    Basically, Graafschap got relegated after a defeat to Den Bosch in the second round of the play-offs that determine the final two places in next season's Eredivisie. Players slump to the floor in the time-honoured fashion, none moreso than skipper Rogier Meijer. His daughter comes over to see if he's OK.
    Run VT:




    It is almost - almost - enough to make me think that having kids might even be a worthwhile thing to do in case I ever have to cope with major disappointment in life  (if you never expect anything good to happen, disappointment is rarely an issue), rather than believe them to be harbingers of doom, impingers of lifestyle and drains on beer money that I have until now suspected them to be.

    Unbelievable Jeff.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I seem to have something in my eye.

    No comments: